Summer Intern Program
We’re interested in people from diverse backgrounds, who are excited to be part of an industry that’s rapidly transforming businesses by using big data, business analytics and data science for a digital and social world. People who want to make a difference for our customers, culture and community.
Upon successful completion of the program, you might be selected and offered a position in our 2023 Graduate Program.
Our Summer Intern Program aims to provide you with the foundations you need to grow and succeed. We believe the best way to learn is to throw yourself into new experiences. Our eight week Summer Intern Program streams has a different focus. Join our Technology program and you might be helping out the Project Management Office deliver Business Analytics Solutions by working with our Customer Solutions Architects and the Customer Success Team.
- Project Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
Our ideal candidate:
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Previous work experience related or unrelated to their field of study.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to tackle any task, whether menial or complex
- Knowledge of both official languages is an asset and may be required for certain positions
What to expect from us:
- As part of your application, you can select which areas of the business interests you.
- You will then be notified when we have received your application.
- If your profile matches a team’s needs, we will reach out to schedule an interview with the manager and the team you are being considered for.
- We will help you build and understand the value of a cross-functional team through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies.
Who can join the Summer Intern Program?
The key to our success is to support and empower diversity of thinking. We encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply for our program.
We’re looking for people who break the paradigm for thinking, learning, dealing with challenges and failures. You are digitally savvy and data literate. Your interests, hobbies, skills and experiences also help us get to know you more.
To be eligible you should be:
- a citizen of, or hold permanent residency in Canada; and
- in your 2nd or last year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
The Student Researcher’s primary objective is to foster academic collaborations with students through research at Turanz Technology. Join us for a paid Student Researcher position that offers the opportunity to work directly with research scientists and engineers on cutting-edge research projects.
The Student Researcher Program offers more opportunities for research students to work on critical research projects at Turanz in a less structured way. The program allows for flexibility beyond the limitations of our traditional internship program on aspects such as duration, time commitment, and working location (with options for on-site in Ottawa or remote). The topics student researchers work on tend to be open-ended and exploratory, and don’t always have a clear deliverable like a traditional internship would.
Turanz Technology and our partners are building the next generation of AI based Incident Prediction using machine data. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilise the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and data scientists.
- Participate in cutting-edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale customer problems.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field.
- Experience in one area of Computer Science (e.g., Natural Language, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or similar).
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Relevant experience as a researcher, including internships, full-time, or at a lab.
- Experience contributing research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including: C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go, Python, or similar.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.